Sunday, September 16, 2012

COLOURLESS

The first idea kind of just appeared one evening; wouldn't it be kind of cool to play a game where you could mix colours and change the environment? So, Colourless was born.

Originally it had a story and a fluffy magical main character that had to save the world by painting it, but I quickly got rid of those elements. The idea was to create a nice experience, not necessarily an awesome game.

The first few sketches/doodles/words are below:




After this I had a fairly solid idea of what I wanted to create, so I left it to sit in the back of my mind for a few days. Then it was Drawing Time, and I ended up with something very different from anything I've ever drawn before:


 But I liked it! I added a HUD:


Wrote a description and loaded up Illustrator:


 
And ta-da! All done. 


There is a PDF file of this but since I created the image in Photoshop it ended up being 14 MB big... So I had to post a big JPG instead. Blah. Rookie mistake! From here and onwards we shall have vectors. 

Until next time,
Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment